City Of Mattawa

Mattawa, Washington  99349

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When is Mattawa City Hall open ?
A: Monday through Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM

Q: When is garbage picked up?
A: Garbage is picked-up every Wednesday morning. You must have your garbage container out at the roadside by 5:00 AM on collection day. We advise you put it out on Tuesday evenings, (after 6:00 PM). The lid opening should face the center of the road.

Q: When do I need a building permit?
A: When your building exceeds 200 square feet, or if you are making any changes in a building which will, or might, jeopardize the structural integrity of the building. If you don't know, please call 509-932-4037.

Q: Do I need a permit to install a fence?
A: Yes, you must obtain a permit before you construct your fence. Public Works will process your application within three business days.

Q: Am I required to license my dogs?
A: Yes, all dogs owned by persons living within town must be licensed. You will need a rabies vaccination certificate from a Veterinarian before we can sell you a license for .your dogs.

Q: When are Mattawa City Council Meetings?
A: City Council Meetings are held the first and third Thursday of each month at 5:30 PM at Mattawa City Hall located at 521 Government Road. Please call 24 hours in advance if you require an interpreter to attend these meetings. 509-932-4037

For answers to any questions concerning City Services please call 932-4037

The Municipal Research and Services Center of Washington (MRSC) hereby advertises on behalf of local government agencies in Washington State (local governments), including - but not limited to - cities (Title 35 RCW and Title 35A RCW), counties (Title 36 RCW), port districts (Title 53 RCW), water-sewer districts (Title 57 RCW), school districts and educational service districts (Title 28A RCW), fire districts (Title 52 RCW), transit agencies (e.g., Ch. 35.58 RCW, Ch. 36.57A RCW, Ch. 36.73 RCW, Title 81 RCW), and public utility districts (Title 54 RCW), for their projected needs for small public works estimated to cost $300,000 or less, and for consulting services throughout 2016.

Additionally, MRSC advertises on behalf of some local government for their projected needs for vendor services throughout 2016. Interested businesses may apply at any time by visiting the MRSC Rosters website at For questions about MRSC Rosters, email